Sponsored by the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST), China Image Group, China Science and Technology Press, etc., the very first photo contest themed on "Innovations in the Lens - Discover the Beauty of Science" will officially kick off in mid-June to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of New China and to vigorously promote the spirit of scientists. Publically soliciting documentary images and creative photos best aligned with the above theme, this photo contest is aimed at showcasing the remarkable S&T advances taking place in China over the past 70 years, exhibiting the silent but dauntless dedication and efforts of the generations of Chinese scientists and engineers through images, showing the whole world the very best parts of Chinese S&T professionals in the new era through science-art integration, building an enabling social atmosphere that respects talents and innovation, and celebrating the 70th birthday of New China.
Photo solicitation: July 10 - August 20, 2019
Selection and Announcement: August 2019
Exhibition: September 2019
1. Show the profound changes made by S&T advances to China's socioeconomic development and the improvements in people's lives over the past 70 years after the founding of New China;
2. Show the major S&T advances taking place in China over the past 70 years and the stories about scientists and engineers behind such advances;
3. Show the persistent and dauntless explorations made by Chinese scientists and engineers on the path of science, and the dazzling moments when major discoveries and breakthroughs were made;
4. Show the ordinary but shining moments of Chinese scientists and engineers – in the field, in the workshop, by the operating table, on the podium, in the lab, on a scientific expedition, at the construction site, or at the forefront of science popularization;
5. Creative photos with visual impact, showing scientific principles, scientific knowledge and the charm of science.
What to Submit:
The submitted photos must be in jpg format, and the size of each photo must be less than 2M. For a single photo, please provide a description (preferably including the shooting time, photographer, information about the person(s) in the photo and location). For group photos, please provide an outline about the group photos and a description for each photo (preferably including the shooting time, photographer, information about the person(s) in the photo and location)
How to Submit:
Photographers can upload their photos onto the official website of the contest at: http://cast.cicphoto.com.
Benefits of Participation:
The photographer will receive a prize of RMB 2,000 (before tax) and a certificate of honor if his/her work is selected. There are also opportunities for the selected photos to be published by Nature or other top domestic S&T journals, be published in book form or become the subjects of a touring exhibition.